Getting placed after engineering or completing your graduation is almost every student’s aspiration. Some students want placement as a backup option while trying to get a seat in a post-graduation course; others might want to gain some work experience. Whatever your case might be, one thing remains constant – Need of preparing for Aptitude Tests.
Following are some companies that lay emphasis on Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Reasoning and Logical Reasoning in their selection process.
TCS – Through National Qualifier Test (NQT)
|Section||Number of questions||Time(in mins)|
TCS NQT 2020 was an adaptive test with no negative marking. Also, there was no liberty to navigate between the sections, which means, you have to complete one section to go on to the another. There is NO sectional cut-off.
Infosys – On-campus exam of Infosys purely emphasizes on your Aptitude and Verbal Skills. There are other exams such as InfyTQ and hack-with-infy taken by Infosys. But students from non-IT background might not be very comfortable with the technical exams. So focusing purely on Aptitude and English could also fetch them a job at Infosys. This exam has a sectional cutoff, so it’s important to focus on each section and prepare for the worst.
|Section||Number of questions||Time(in mins)|
|Quant and Logical Reasoning||10||35|
Wipro – Time becomes a challenge here, speed becomes a necessity. Look at the number of questions vs time available to understand better.
|Section||Number of questions||Time (In mins)|
|Written communication Test||1||20|
All you have is barely a minute to solve the questions. So you have to be real quick. Shortcuts and other tricks would help you solve maximum questions in the given time.
As you can see, QA, VA & LR form a major chunk of the above-mentioned examinations. Preparing for the same would help you ace any of these exams. (Obviously, you gotta couple it with your technical skills).
Cognizant, Mindtree, Amdocs, Capgemini, Zensar are other companies which have Quant, Verbal and Logical in their selection process.
The core Syllabus for aptitude in any examination is going to be the same, what could change is the difficulty level. So preparing for the worst would automatically prepare you for all such examinations.
Verbal Ability – It is advised to spend no more than 30 seconds on very easy questions so that you could invest a good amount of time in slightly trickier reading comprehension or para jumble question. Following is the list of topics you must be thorough with.
- Error spotting or Sentence Correction – Knowledge on Subject-Verb Agreement, modifiers, Pronoun Agreement, Parallelism, Prepositions, Tenses etc. are tested.
- Probable starters / Sentence Completion
- Cloze Passage
- Phrasal Verbs and Idioms
- Reading comprehension
Logical Reasoning –
- Blood Relations
- Coding, Decoding
- Data Sufficiency
- Clocks, Calendars
- Cubes and Direction Sense
- Logical Connectives and Syllogisms
- Venn Diagrams
Quantitative ability – On an average, you would have one minute to solve each question. It becomes important to ensure that you quickly finish the easy ones first and then try the trickier ones.
- Permutation and Combination
- Number System
- Time Speed and Distance
- Linear equations
- Geometry, Mensuration and Progressions
- Ratios and Proportions
- Clocks, Direction Sense
- Profit and Loss, Averages, Mixtures and Allegations
- Data interpretation (line graph, bar graph, table, pie chart)
We have great study material covering all topics required for these tests. The study material has topic-theory, solved examples, practise exercises and solutions. You can purchase study material from our office. Online Mock tests are also available for purchase.
Not just aptitude classes we offer Comprehensive Coaching for Campus Placements.
Reasons to choose ‘Bakle Classes’ for Campus Placement Training:
- 50 National Level Online Tests based on up-to-date latest pattern of Infosys, Cognizant, TCS, Tech Mahindra, HCL, IBM, etc.
- Comprehensive coverage of all sections (Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning) and topics that companies consider for Aptitude Test.
- Quality coaching by Expert Faculty.
- 3 Printed books (Quant, DI-LR & Verbal ability) with up-to-date content, lessons & practice exercises.
- Analysis Reports & National Percentile for tests.
- Intensive Sessions on Group Discussions & Interviews.
- Resume Writing Skills.
- Mock Interviews and GDs with feedback.
- Insights on what works and what doesn’t work in campus placements.
We offer customised plans for a group of students as per demand. The number of topics, study material & online mock tests to be included, duration etc can be discussed and decided.
Study material (&/Online Mock Tests) for self-study is available.